When you’ve finally arrived for your beach vacation the last thing you want is for it to be raining. But don’t despair! There are plenty of things to do in Myrtle Beach even when it’s raining out. From the indoor amenities that come with our North Myrtle Beach vacation rentals to the list we provide below of top 10 things to do when it’s raining in Myrtle Beach, you’ll have lots of choices. Plus, they’re all just a short distance from us at Beachcomber Vacations.
1. Go to the Movies – With an assortment of theaters to go to there’s no reason you can’t find a movie you and family would enjoy. Theaters to check out: Colonial 12, 10177 N Kings Hwy #77a, Myrtle Beach; Broadway17 Carmike Cinemas, Broadway at the Beach, Myrtle Beach; Cinemark14 at Coastal Grande in Myrtle Beach; and Grande14 Cinema, Market Common, Myrtle Beach.
2. Walk in the Rain – As long as there’s no lightning or thunder, grab an umbrella, kick off your shoes, and go for a walk along the beach. Location: Right outside your door.
3. 710 Burgers, Bocce, Beer and Bowling – Ranked as a top game and entertainment center by Trip Advisor, 710 North Myrtle Beach features a bowling alley and a game room featuring both coin-operated games, such as air hockey and basketball, free games including darts, board games and table tennis and hourly games including billiards and shuffleboard. 710 also has a full bar and restaurant featuring some of the best food and drink specials in the area.
4. Ripley’s Aquarium – Watch mermaids swim around, ride in a glass bottom boat, pet sting rays and even dive with sharks. You can also see your favorite marine animals in the aquarium’s many exhibits.
5. Broadway at the Beach – There is something for everyone here and you’re guaranteed to spend an entire day nd part of the evening staying occupied with shopping, dining in a large assortment of restaurants, and enjoying amusements such as MagiQuest, Ripley’s Aquarium, Palace Theatre, WonderWorks and so much more! Location: 1325 Celebrity Circle, Myrtle Beach, SC.
6. Barefoot Landing – More than 100 shops and restaurants for the whole family’s enjoyment. Lots to see and do here including a reptile park, live music, and a carousel. Attractions include Alligator Adventure, House of Blues, Alabama Theatre, and so much more! Lcoation: 4898 Highway 17 South, North Myrtle Beach, SC.
7. Rockin’ Jump Trampoline Park – Family fun can be had at this indoor trampoline where you can soar in open jump arenas, dive into pools of soft foam cubes, play trampoline dodgeball, do flips and somersaults.
8. The Big M Casino – South Carolina’s most luxurious gaming yacht. You can try your hand at all your favorite games or some of the slot machines. You can top it all off with a buffet served on every cruise.
9. Hollywood Wax Museum Entertainment Center – Come and see life-size wax replicas of your favorite movie characters and stars at the Hollywood Wax Entertainment Center. Brave a zombie escape room or meander through a mirror maze in a quest to rescue a princess.
10. Take the kids to WonderWorks, an indoor amusement park for the mind with over 100 interactive exhibits.
We want you to enjoy your vacation whether the weather is beautiful or it is raining out. Take solace in the fact that the weather is short lived here so if it’s raining in the morning the chances are good that the sun will be out that afternoon! Enjoy your stay!