The time of year for ghosts and goblins is fast approaching and if you start planning now you’ll be prepared when Halloween arrives. We take the holiday seriously around these parts and you’ve only to visit any of the following 10 Halloween attractions in Myrtle Beach to fully appreciate what we mean. Whether you’re holding a party for your friends or taking the kids door to door or to the mall, make some time to treat yourself to a spooky holiday this year.
Top 10 Halloween Attractions in Myrtle Beach
- The Haunted – Every day at dark from Oct. 12-Nov. 1. Held at Grand Prix Family Race Track, 1820 21st Ave. North, Myrtle Beach.
- Terror Under The Bridge – Voted as the #1 top haunt on the Grand Strand. Held from Oct. 21-31, 7-11 p.m. $12 per person
- Boardwalk Fright Nights – Scary good times every Friday and Saturday Night from 6 p.m. to midnight as the neighborhood transforms into a freaky-fun place! See Live Zombies, Haunted Attractions, great off-season discounts at most area shops & restaurants…Guaranteed Big Tricks & Treats!!! Myrtle Beach Boardwalk & Boulevard, 1000 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach.
- Huntington’s Haunted Halloween – The Atalaya Fall Festival and Haunted Castle will be open from 6-9 p.m. the Friday and Saturday night before Halloween. Enjoy two separate haunted house attractions, carnival games, children’s crafts, spooky cartoons on the big screen, a bonfire and more! Event admission $10 adults, $7 children 6-15, free for children under 5. Huntington Beach State Park, 16148 Ocean Hwy., Murells Inlet, SC.
- Conway Ghost Walk – Come out and get your spook on at Conway Ghost Walk: Spirits of the Low Country from Oct. 23-24. Professional storytellers weave haunting tales through the dark streets of Conway. Tours begin at 7 p.m. and leave every 15 min. until 8:45 p.m. from Conway Visitor Center, 903 Third Ave., Conway, SC. Tickets are $15 adults and $7 for children 12 and under. Oct. 24 is sold out.
- Whose Haunting Is It Anyway? – On Oct. 29 from 7:30 to 9 p.m. an audience-interactive improv spook-omedy show will be held at Uptown Theatre at the Myrtle Beach Mall, 10177 N. Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach. Performers of Carolina Improv Company will take suggestions from the audience about Halloween and other spooky and horrific things and create a haunting comedy show without a script. Wear your costume to the show and get a free ticket to a future show! This show is for the adults (18 and older) to have their own tricks and treats! Beer, wine and soda will be available for purchase. Doors open 30 minutes before show time.
- Howl-O-Scream – The City of North Myrtle Beach welcomes all ages to Howl-O-Scream at the North Myrtle Beach Park and Sports Complex from 5-8 p.m. Saturday, October 29. The spooktacular event includes hayrides, pumpkin painting, marshmallow roasting, trick-or-treating and a variety of scare and scare-free zones. Admission is $5/vehicle. Concessions will be sold throughout the park.
- Captain’s Quarters Halloween Glow Party – Come have a ghoulishly good time at this annual Halloween Glow Party from 7 – 10 p.m. on October 29. Dance as a live DJ spins tunes on the oceanfront pool deck. There will be costume contests, prizes and give-aways all night! There is no cover charge and the glow party is open to all ages. LED and Glow merchandise will be available for purchase starting at 6:30 p.m. The event is held on Level 6 and the pool deck. 901 S. Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach.
- Spook-Quarium Sleepover – Ripley's Aquarium will host a Spook-quarium sleepover from 8 p.m. Saturday, October 31 until 8 a.m. Sunday, November 1. Enjoy crafts, snacks a scavenger hunt and a haunted aquarium walk. Don't forget your costumes! The aquarium will serve breakfast before kids leave. The price is $29.99 plus tax. Pre-registration is required. Call 800-734-8888 early to reserve your spot. 1110 Celebrity Circle, Myrtle Beach
- Spooktacular Halloween Bash at Thompson Farm – Second annual Spooktacular Halloween Bash begins at 7 p.m. on Friday, October 28. There’s a costume party with flashlight fun in the corn maze, a bonfire, inflatables, candy, family activities and lots more. Don’t miss the Kids Drive-In Movie Night followed by a Spooktacular fireworks show! Friday night admission is $10/person. Thompson Farm and Nursery, 1625 Bucksville Dr., Conway, SC.
Children will be out trick or treating and we caution you to be careful if you’re driving around. Children should be dressed in bright colors and have reflective tape added to their costumes to ensure their safety. Wearing a headlamp and/or carrying a flashlight is a good idea, too. It’s a fact that children traveling in groups are far safer than going out alone.
All of us at Beachcomber Vacation Rentals would like to wish everyone a happy and safe Halloween season this year!