Our hurricane season in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, runs from June through November every year. In this area, August and September are the peak months for hurricanes. If you are planning a vacation during this time of the year, you should prepare yourself before arriving at our Beach houses in Myrtle Beach. This article provides tips and advice on how to weather any storm the tropics might throw at you while you are here enjoying your vacation.
Vacationers should not be deterred from coming to the Myrtle Beach area during the hurricane season. Summer deals along the Grand Strand are super. Autumn in coastal South Carolina provides vacationers with dropping rates to accompany falling temperatures and humidity.
If you are unlucky enough to be right in the middle of your vacation when a hurricane takes aim at the coast of the Carolinas, don't worry. Unlike an unexpected afternoon thunderstorm, hurricanes do not sneak up on the South Carolina coast. This gives us all plenty of time to leave before the situation gets worse.
The best piece of advice is to keep an eye on the extended Myrtle Beach weather forecast when you’re here. If a hurricane approaches during your trip, don't panic. As soon as it looks like you may need to abandon your Beach houses in Myrtle Beach, follow these steps.
• Watch the local weather station and follow their advice.
• Check on earlier flights and plant to arrive earlier at the airport.
• Fill your car with a full tank of gas at the first sign of hurricane.
• Map out evacuation routes before you leave.
• Pack water and food in case of traffic jams when driving.
• Don't wait until the last minute to evacuate. Go early. Most golf packages and many rentals provide refunds or rain checks in the event of cancelations and evacuations due to hurricanes. Make sure to ask about this before making any reservations. Even if you are not planning a trip during hurricane season, ask your provider about refunds and cancelations caused by bad weather.
Some upcoming area events within a short drive from our Beach houses in Myrtle Beach you won’t want to miss if you’re in town are:
October 1, 2011
Big Bands Sound Festival at La Belle Amie Vineyard, Little River, SC.
October 1, 2011
Live Oak Arts & Music Festival at Old Horry County Court House, Conway, SC.
October 6, 2011
The President's Own United States Marine Band performs at 7:30 p.m. at Myrtle Beach High School.
October 8, 2011
Shrimp and Jazz Fest on the Waterfront in Little River, SC.
October 8-9, 2011
Art in the Park at Chapin Park, Myrtle Beach, SC
One thought on “Beach Houses in Myrtle Beach”
That is very right, You’re an excessively skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to looking for more of your wonderful post. Additionally, I’ve shared your blog
Comments are closed.