Are you coming to Myrtle Beach this month and are looking for some fun and exciting things to do? Have no fear because there are plenty of things for you to do. October is a fun month to come to the North Myrtle Beach area as there are so many things for you and your family to do. And when staying with us at Beachcomber Vacations, you will be near it all. Let’s look at what events are happening this month in the area.
Are you looking to have a little fun on Fridays with the family? If so, then look no further as you can come to Thompson Farm every Friday night. Here you will be able to see if you can make it through the largest corn maze in the state which can be a little challenging. And when you have completed the maze, then why not join in for a fun Halloween movie each Friday night in October from 6 pm to 11 pm. Admission is $10 per person but there will be refreshments for you to enjoy like coffee, hot cider & s’mores.
Brookgreen Gardens Harvest Home Weekend Festival
On Saturday, October 6th come with your family for a fun weekend at Brookgreen Gardens’ Harvest Home Festival. Here you will be able to take part in building a scarecrow, take a wagon hay ride, learn to spin wool, live entertainment and so much more! This festival is including with your garden admission and runs from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm on October 6th & October 7th, 2018. Think of all the fun memories that you and your family will make while attending this festival.
Barefoot Landing Pumpkin Patch
Barefoot Landing will have their very own Pumpkin Patch this year for you and your family to come gather your pumpkins for your vacation. Pumpkins are in several different sizes this year and will only accept cash this year. They will be donating $1 from each pumpkin sold to go help with the hurricane and flood relief efforts in our community. The pumpkins available are small for $3, medium for $8, large for $10, extra large for $12 and Speciality for $15. And there will be live music every Friday & Saturday night from 6 pm to 9 pm. Don’t miss this great and fun activity with your family this year!
BooFest! at Barefoot Landing
Barefoot Landing is having their BooFest! again this year. Here they will be hosting a kids’ and pets costume contest on Saturday, October 27th from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm. There will be prizes awarded for the best costumes for the kids and pets. They will also have live entertainment and activities for everyone to be a part of. Don’t miss out on this event because who doesn’t want to see cute pets in costumes?
Trick or Treating on Halloween
If you are vacationing during the week of Halloween, then you are coming for the fun. On Wednesday, October 31st you can go trick or treating at several locations. If you’d like to stay close to North Myrtle Beach, then heading to Barefoot Landing is going to be where you want to be. Beginning at 5 pm you and your family are invited to visit shops and restaurants to go trick or treating ending at 7 pm. If you’d like to try other places, then head to The Market Common and Broadway at the Beach to take advantage of getting treats for your kids.
These are just a few of the events happening in the Myrtle Beach area for the month of October, but there are plenty for you and your family to enjoy. If you are still searching for a North Myrtle Beach vacation rental, then check out our availability. We hope to see you this month and take part of the activities happening during your vacation.]]>
The time of year for ghosts and goblins is fast approaching and if you start planning now you’ll be prepared when Halloween arrives. We take the holiday seriously around these parts and you’ve only to visit any of the following 10 Halloween attractions in Myrtle Beach to fully appreciate what we mean. Whether you’re holding a party for your friends or taking the kids door to door or to the mall, make some time to treat yourself to a spooky holiday this year.
Top 10 Halloween Attractions in Myrtle Beach
- The Haunted – Every day at dark from Oct. 12-Nov. 1. Held at Grand Prix Family Race Track, 1820 21st Ave. North, Myrtle Beach.
- Terror Under The Bridge – Voted as the #1 top haunt on the Grand Strand. Held from Oct. 21-31, 7-11 p.m. $12 per person
- Boardwalk Fright Nights – Scary good times every Friday and Saturday Night from 6 p.m. to midnight as the neighborhood transforms into a freaky-fun place! See Live Zombies, Haunted Attractions, great off-season discounts at most area shops & restaurants…Guaranteed Big Tricks & Treats!!! Myrtle Beach Boardwalk & Boulevard, 1000 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach.
- Huntington’s Haunted Halloween – The Atalaya Fall Festival and Haunted Castle will be open from 6-9 p.m. the Friday and Saturday night before Halloween. Enjoy two separate haunted house attractions, carnival games, children’s crafts, spooky cartoons on the big screen, a bonfire and more! Event admission $10 adults, $7 children 6-15, free for children under 5. Huntington Beach State Park, 16148 Ocean Hwy., Murells Inlet, SC.
- Conway Ghost Walk – Come out and get your spook on at Conway Ghost Walk: Spirits of the Low Country from Oct. 23-24. Professional storytellers weave haunting tales through the dark streets of Conway. Tours begin at 7 p.m. and leave every 15 min. until 8:45 p.m. from Conway Visitor Center, 903 Third Ave., Conway, SC. Tickets are $15 adults and $7 for children 12 and under. Oct. 24 is sold out.
- Whose Haunting Is It Anyway? – On Oct. 29 from 7:30 to 9 p.m. an audience-interactive improv spook-omedy show will be held at Uptown Theatre at the Myrtle Beach Mall, 10177 N. Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach. Performers of Carolina Improv Company will take suggestions from the audience about Halloween and other spooky and horrific things and create a haunting comedy show without a script. Wear your costume to the show and get a free ticket to a future show! This show is for the adults (18 and older) to have their own tricks and treats! Beer, wine and soda will be available for purchase. Doors open 30 minutes before show time.
- Howl-O-Scream – The City of North Myrtle Beach welcomes all ages to Howl-O-Scream at the North Myrtle Beach Park and Sports Complex from 5-8 p.m. Saturday, October 29. The spooktacular event includes hayrides, pumpkin painting, marshmallow roasting, trick-or-treating and a variety of scare and scare-free zones. Admission is $5/vehicle. Concessions will be sold throughout the park.
- Captain’s Quarters Halloween Glow Party – Come have a ghoulishly good time at this annual Halloween Glow Party from 7 – 10 p.m. on October 29. Dance as a live DJ spins tunes on the oceanfront pool deck. There will be costume contests, prizes and give-aways all night! There is no cover charge and the glow party is open to all ages. LED and Glow merchandise will be available for purchase starting at 6:30 p.m. The event is held on Level 6 and the pool deck. 901 S. Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach.
- Spook-Quarium Sleepover – Ripley's Aquarium will host a Spook-quarium sleepover from 8 p.m. Saturday, October 31 until 8 a.m. Sunday, November 1. Enjoy crafts, snacks a scavenger hunt and a haunted aquarium walk. Don't forget your costumes! The aquarium will serve breakfast before kids leave. The price is $29.99 plus tax. Pre-registration is required. Call 800-734-8888 early to reserve your spot. 1110 Celebrity Circle, Myrtle Beach
- Spooktacular Halloween Bash at Thompson Farm – Second annual Spooktacular Halloween Bash begins at 7 p.m. on Friday, October 28. There’s a costume party with flashlight fun in the corn maze, a bonfire, inflatables, candy, family activities and lots more. Don’t miss the Kids Drive-In Movie Night followed by a Spooktacular fireworks show! Friday night admission is $10/person. Thompson Farm and Nursery, 1625 Bucksville Dr., Conway, SC.
Children will be out trick or treating and we caution you to be careful if you’re driving around. Children should be dressed in bright colors and have reflective tape added to their costumes to ensure their safety. Wearing a headlamp and/or carrying a flashlight is a good idea, too. It’s a fact that children traveling in groups are far safer than going out alone.
All of us at Beachcomber Vacation Rentals would like to wish everyone a happy and safe Halloween season this year!