Whether you’ve just gotten married or you’ve been married for what feels like forever — a Myrtle Beach vacation is definitely for lovers and is a wonderful way to become closer by spending time together, just the two of you. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, provides the ideal backdrop for romance with the ocean, the beach, the resorts, and the weather that's beautiful year round. For couples looking to restart that flame or light it up for the first time, a Myrtle Beach vacation is the way to go. There are so many things to do and see here that couples can enjoy together. Alternatively there are lazy days on the shore and lounging by the pool in each other’s arms. Either one emanates romance in one of the Atlantic Coast's most beautiful oceanfront cities.
Myrtle Beach has been a honeymoon destination for many centuries. There is something about a Myrtle Beach vacation — the sea breeze, the ocean, the beach — that just draws in the newly wed and the want-to-be-wedded. A lot of honeymooners actually choose this destination for their wedding, so it is not only a honeymoon Mecca but it has become a huge wedding destination also. There are many vacation packages that are specifically aimed at honeymooners; but you don’t have to be a newlywed to take advantage of these packages. Most resorts have honeymoon suites that are specifically decorated for romance with huge king sized beds, hot tubs and more. There are also romantic activities to be found on your Myrtle Beach vacation for lovers, including live dinner theaters that feature great food with fabulous entertainment. You will also find dolphin watching expeditions, day cruises, fishing excursions and more.
A Myrtle Beach vacation for couples is a time honored tradition for many people. There are folks that honeymooned here and have such fond memories that they have come back year after year on their anniversary date to celebrate their love all over again. It is the perfect back drop to remember the old and make some new fabulous memories with the one you love — memories that last a lifetime.
Families have flocked to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, as long as there have been people on the eastern seaboard. So, not surprisingly, for as long as they’ve been coming here they’ve been seeking out Beach houses in Myrtle Beach to reside in during their time here.
The abundance and variety of Beach houses in Myrtle Beach allows visitors to enjoy the sun and ocean air in comfort. This natural vacation wonderland, offers a full range of outdoor activities, from tennis and tournament golf to hiking and biking or walking along the beach. Beach houses in Myrtle Beach allow vacationers to stay oceanfront, ocean view, or fairway view in comfort, while enjoying the balmy weather all year long. Visitors can shop, dine in any of over 1,800 restaurants, or enjoy the scenery when they tire of the multitude of outdoor activities the area offers.
Beach houses in Myrtle Beach, both privately owned and commercial properties, are available all year round and fit a wide variety of budgets. The original homes scattered over the area have been turned into rentals and offer the latest amenities. There are beach-front properties available as well as rentals in the interior of the island that are close to the 110+ golf courses, countless tennis courts, amusement and water parks, and hiking and in-line skating trails in the parks. Many facilities are open year-round, and offer bargains during the off-season on Beach houses in Myrtle Beach.
In the words of Linda and Bill who wrote us following their vacation in late winter:
Just a note to tell you now great our stay this year was. Our unit (Nautical Watch 102) was perfect when we arrived, so clean and well equipped. Your cleaning staff is the best, and speaking of the best, the office staff are always helpful, friendly and go the extra mile if needed. Looking forward to next year. Sincerely, Linda & Bill”
Thank you Linda & Bill! We look forward to your return trip to Myrtle Beach also!
Welcome to Part II regarding the east coast's pet friendly vacation destination of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina! Regardless of the type of Myrtle Beach rentals you’ll be staying in there are plenty of Myrtle Beach rentals in the area where your pet is welcome. As we previously mentioned, if you call us to make your reservation let us know you’re specifically looking for pet-friendly Myrtle Beach rentals. If you prefer to search on our website, specify “pet-friendly” in the search requirements.
In our last blog post we covered Dog Parks, or as they are also fondly known here, Barc Parks. Today I’m going to talk about Pet-Friendly Dining in the Myrtle Beach area. I think we can already guess there will be no 5 star formal coat-and-tie restaurants on this list and it’s just as well since your pet in all likelihood wouldn’t want to eat off fine china anyway. What we can assure you is these pet-friendly dining establishments will get 2 paws up from your best 4 legged friend in the whole world. This is a list of good wholesome eateries that have advertised they are pet friendly establishments and in some cases that also means free stuff for your pet! Can’t beat free.
You’ll be able to easily find a place from the list to dine that won’t be far from any Myrtle Beach rentals. Afterwards you can plan a trip to a local dog park or take a walk on the beach (Be sure to check for the permitted hours to have pets on the beach first!).
Here’s a run-down of the pet friendly eateries in the Myrtle Beach and Grand Strand areas where you can go out to eat and bring your pet while staying at Myrtle Beach rentals.
Pet Friendly Restaurants in the Myrtle Beach and Grand Strand areas:
- Bruster's Ice Cream makes a free Sundae with dog bones crumbled on top, just for your dog
- Chive Blossom Cafe, Murrells Inlet , seating in the Courtyard
- Damon's Grill at Barefoot Landing
- Dick's Last Resort at Barefoot Landing
- Hanging 10 Surf Bar – 1610 Highway 17 S # 8, Surfside Beach, SC (843) 650-8413
- Molly D'Arcy's 1701 S. Ocean Blvd. North Myrtle Beach
- Oceanfront Bar & Grill – on the Boardwalk Myrtle Beach (Pets welcome in the outside eating area.)
- Papis Texican Grill – Little River. (Outside area on the bricks)
- Pawleys Island Tavern Outdoors on the wood dock under the trees!
- Salt Creek Cafe – Murrells Inlet. Outdoor seating and water for your dog!
- Sea Blue, North Myrtle Beach. Eat on the covered and heated in winter patio
- Shell Crackers Grill and Raw Bar, 761 Pendergrass Avenue, Murrells Inlet
- Sonic Drive-Ins. Share your meal with your best friend!
- Spud's Waterfront Dining on the Marshwalk at Murrells Inlet. 843-651-9987
- T-Bonz at Barefoot Landing
- Toffino's Italian Bakery Deli Pizza Near the Barc Park on Mallard Lake Dr. Outdoor seating
- Wild Wing Cafe – North Myrtle Beach
Welcome to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, the East Coast's pet friendly vacation destination! Whether you are looking for accommodations in an oceanfront hotel, vacation home on the beach, or Condos in Myrtle Beach, there are plenty of establishments in the area where your pet is welcome.
When you make your reservation with us let us know you're specifically looking for pet-friendly Condos in Myrtle Beach. If you prefer to search online, feel at ease using the friendly search engine on our website and specify “pet-friendly” in the requirements for your search.
During your stay in Myrtle Beach, there is plenty to do with your pets including a visit to South Carolina's dog parks. Aptly named Barc Park, the first park in the area is located on Mallard Lake Drive at the Market Common (former Air Force Base), you will find over 11 acres of space just for dogs which includes a dog fountain with a shower, training structures, benches and much more! It is situated in a fully fenced in setting, and is the only area in the city limits of Myrtle Beach where there is no leash law and your dog can run free! Here’s a run-down of the various parks you can take your pets to for exercise while staying at Condos in Myrtle Beach.
Dog Parks in the Myrtle Beach and Grand Strand areas
- Barc Park North is located at North 62nd Avenue North at the YMCA, Myrtle Beach. This 3-acre bark park is divided into a small and large dog area, with an actual small dog measurement at the small entrance to ensure dog size "compatibility." Features include dog fountains, lots of shade, trash receptacles and doggie doo-doo bag dispensers. Hours are sunrise to sunset, daily. For additional info, call 918-2390.
- Barc Park is on Mallard Lake Drive, near The Market Common on the former Myrtle Beach Air Force Base. This 11-acre outdoor bark park opened in 2000. The fenced-in grounds are separated into a smaller dog area with structures such as ramps and hoops and a larger dog area that features a lake for doggie aquatics. Shaded areas with picnic tables and benches are welcoming for pet owners. Hours are sunrise to sunset, daily (maintenance is performed a few days each quarter; dates are posted at the park). For additional info, call 918-2390
- Dog Park in Surfside Beach. The town of Surfside Beach has expanded and fenced an existing park behind the library on Surfside Drive. Take your dog to the Dog Park and see it for yourself. It's free!
The rules of all dog parks include waste being cleaned up by owners, dogs don't have to wear a leash, but they must wear a collar and tags. The parks are open from sun up to sun down.
Watch for our next blog post where we’ll talk about Pet Friendly Restaurants in the Myrtle Beach area within close proximity to Rentals and Condos in Myrtle Beach.